- Masterclass for Principals 2018
- Session 1: Reach (and teach) for the Stars: An optimistic approach to whole school improvement
Session 1: Reach (and teach) for the Stars: An optimistic approach to whole school improvement
9:30am – 10:30am
Speaker: Wayne Craig
Former Australian Vice President for McREL, Former DET Regional Director of the Northern Metropolitan Region from 2005-12
Wayne will address five key questions:
· How do we build a positive view of students, teachers and schools?
· Why must we move away from ‘back to the future’ and lowest common denominator policy approaches?
· How can we build literacy for now and the future not just the past?
· Why do we need to focus on curiosity, engagement and empowerment?
· What are practical ways for ensuring thinking, understanding and learning occurs in schools?